Sugar Grove Farmers Market Guidelines for Operation
- Vendors must be approved before selling any items at the Sugar Grove Farmers Market
- Vendors sell for free and keep 100% of profits.
- Baked goods, canned goods, and on-site prepared foods must follow all established Health Department rules and regulations; proper labels are required on all edibles.
- Delivery and collection of payment for goods or services is the sole responsibility of the vendor and customer.
- Locally made arts and/or crafts may also be sold at the Farmers’ Market. All products must be handmade. Craft items will be reviewed and will be rejected if found to not be handmade. You may be asked for proof that the item is handmade. NO YARD SALE ITEMS PERMITTED!
- Produce offered must be locally grown, listing must include grower information.
- Vendors are required to abide by all laws and regulations regarding the sale of their goods.
- Vendors must cooperate with the Farmers’ Market Management and obey all guidelines. If a problem is reported or observed, a vendor will be notified verbally, and then in writing, stating the problem. Failure to respond to the problem will result in termination of the vendor.
- Failure to adhere to one or more of the rules/regulations/guidelines or failure to deliver product sold will result in vendor privileges being revoked for the season. Repeat offenders will be revoked indefinitely.
- Management has established these guidelines. Any concern should be addressed to Sarah Combs at SugarGroveVirginia@gmail.com
The Sugar Grove Farmers Market is not associated with the Rye Valley Ruritans
Guidelines Revised 2017